Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Unforgettable Childhood Memory



Childhood memories are some of the most vividly remembered, and they last a lifetime. One memory that comes to mind was when my sister and I were walking to school on a fine sunny morning. That day was special because earlier that morning, my mum had packed our lunch in our new lunch box. Mine was striking yellow while my sister’s lunch box was glaring red. Inside it was a beef burger with lots of salad and mayonnaise in it and a large banana. I couldn’t wait to have my lunch, it looked so delicious!

We were cracking jokes and laughing our heads off until we finally realized that we were already late. I then suggested that we should take a short cut through a back alley between a few houses I had taken before. The alley was quiet and no one could be seen. The houses on our right and left made the alley shaded from direct sunlight. My sister and I walked through it in silence.

As we reached the end of the back alley, I could see the school gate not far away. We were so happy and started to walk faster. Suddenly, I had a feeling that we were being followed. I looked back and to my surprise a big black dog which was about the same height of my waist, was sticking its head out near me. I was so shocked that I quickly grabbed my sister’s hand and ran as far as I could.

My heart was pumping fast and sweat was running down my face. We managed to enter the school gate and felt relieved. I glanced to my side and the dog was still running towards us! My sister and I ran in separate ways. She ran towards the school building while I ran straight to the school field.

I burst into tears and was so frightened. The dog was still chasing me, and I didn’t know what to do. After a while, a teacher ran towards me and took my lunch box. She threw away my lunch box and I could see all the food falling to the ground. The dog ran towards it and ate my beef burger.

The teacher hugged me tightly. I was crying.

“Everything’s ok now, love.” She said.

I knew that I was safe now. I was so disappointed that I had lost my lunch. Fortunately my sister was kind enough to share hers with me. I have never had anything striking yellow since then.

It's been a very long time since i wrote an essay! :P

No comments: